Apart from the very end, this has been such a busy week. Our weeks are normally relatively relaxed and full of routine but at the moment, we seem to have a diary full of plans. How did that happen? Maybe it's because Spring is in the air and the lighter evenings are tricking us in to thinking that there are more hours in the day than there actually are. Well, we've paid the price because all of us are now full of germs and cough more than we talk. But we're happy ... in a slightly grumpy, very snotty way.
Here's what we've been up to ...
1 + 2. I went to stay with my little brother and his girlfriend in Manchester on Friday night (without the boys, cue a full night's sleep with no cries for 'mama' at 1am). They took me to the amazing Teacup Kitchen for breakfast on Saturday morning and I actually gasped out loud and did a little jig on the spot when I saw all of the amazing cakes. Scrambled eggs on rye was quickly followed by the most divine, flourless chocolate cake. They serve great coffee too!
3. This month, Birchbox have collaborated with Habitat on their latest beauty box, so as you can see, it's all kinds of cool. Subscribing to Birchbox led me to finding my perfect lipstick (Yves Rocher Marron Glacé) and the sweetest-smelling perfume (English Laundry Signature for Her). Along with some lovely hair and skincare treats, this month's box also contains a discount for 20 percent off the Habitat SS15 range. Very, very tempting.
4. I'm working on the most amazing makeover project with Homebase (more details to come). They kindly sent us some vouchers last week and we've decided to put them towards transforming our garden. It's such an unloved part of our home and I'm so excited to get started. We went in to our local store in Saturday afternoon and placed a very large order. We're going to be seriously busy outdoors over the coming weeks.
5 + 6. I took my eldest little dude to Chester on Sunday for pizza. He's the best lunch date ever. Full of stories and fun and absolutely punishing when playing dominoes against (he won 7-1). I bought him the cap and sunglasses from H&M ready for the warmer weather but he insisted on wearing them for the entire day. Such a cutie (and a bit of a poser)!
7. It's also been a week of getting creative with chocolate as I've been perfecting an Easter recipe in collaboration with The Cooperative (their fair-trade Peruvian creamy milk chocolate is divine). It's another recipe that's simple, very chocolatey and really fun for kids.
8. A delivery of beautifully blue Ball mason jars. Need I say more?
9. And then there's been the sleepy sniffles and cuddles. We seem to have been ill on and off since December and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be our last bout of germs for quite some time. I think I need to up our Vitamin C consumption!
I hope that you've had a lovely week too. And remember, whenever things get too busy or stressful, afternoon naps are a wonderful thing.