Yesterday, we returned from a week in the wonderful resort of Tignes, France, and a stay at the truly lovely Mark Warner Chalet Hotel L'Ecrin. While the week didn't go 100 percent to plan (more on that in a later post), we had the most amazing time and were captivated by beautiful mountains and were thankful for the warmth and hospitality of the Mark Warner team. I have a feeling, that at four and a half, it's going to be one of the first memories that my eldest recalls as he grows older, and what an experience for him to look back on (and not just because he returned with a whole breakfast-buffet's worth of Nutella sachets in his hand luggage after filling his pockets every day, unbeknown to us).
While I'm wading through hundreds of photographs and dirty laundry (the very worst part of going on holiday ... the unpacking), I wanted to share some of our initial highlights and favourite snaps. I'll be back with some more in depth posts later this week/early next week but here's what we enjoyed most about our Mark Warner holiday.
1. Marvelling at the astonishingly beautiful mountains.
2. Lazy lunches slope-side with Paul.
3. Late afternoons spent in the hotel spa.
1. Tackling a mini slalom and half-pipe skiing.
2. Spending time with me without two little boys constantly vying for our attention.
3. Watching our eldest learn to ski.
My eldest little dude loved:
1. The Mark Warner Mini Club, particularly the film nights/listening service.
2. Being awarded his first ever medal after a week at ski school.
3. Helping himself to Nutella from the breakfast buffet.
My youngest little dude loved:
1. Spending time with his mama and papa without his eldest brother around.
2. Swimming in the hotel pool.
3. Picking up snow and watching it melt in his hands.
Disclaimer: We visited Tignes and Chalet Hotel L'Ecrin as guests of Mark Warner but all opinions are honest.