When looking through all of the images tagged with the #UKexplore hashtag in September, it was amazing to see the change in season from the those taken at the beginning of the month compared to those at the end. From shorts and sandals to cardigans and wellies. The sun was ever present but just a touch lower in the sky over the past week, and accompanied by a lot more leaves on the ground.
For those of you who are new to my blog or the hashtag, #UKexplore is an Instagram community for sharing your favourite places in the UK and your outdoor adventures. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest late for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you're out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you. All we ask is that you use the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you.
Every month, both Karen (from Mini Travellers and Fuelled by Latte) will feature our favourite images on our blogs and we'll also select one winner each to receive a National Trust Family Day Pass. Nice, right? #UKexplore will run from the 1st to the last day of the month and anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
We had so many amazing images tagged in September but I was most drawn to those capturing the end of summer. That fading light and a sense of temperatures dropping. It's actually my favourite time of the year. I know that spring is meant to be the season of promise, but autumn steals my heart every time.
And, I think that these may be my favourite set of #UKexplore images yet ...
But my winner of a National Trust Family Day Pass is @_jessarose_ I was completely smitten with this photo from the moment I saw it. A little girl and her dog enjoying the last of the summer light. It couldn't be more adorable. Congratulations, Jess!
We're really looking forward to seeing all of your photos in October and a huge thanks to the National Trust for sponsoring #UKexplore with much appreciated day passes to their fantastic properties.
Now, why not head over to Mini Travellers to see who Karen has chosen as her September winner.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month's competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges' decision is final.