Autumn is my most favourite of all the seasons and the absolute best time of year for outdoor adventures. And I think many of you are in agreement as over the past few weeks, the #UKexplore hashtag in October was just glorious ... full of golden hues, the most gorgeous hazy glow, and red-cheeked children running through fields and leaves. My Instagram feed lit up beautifully and it was such a joy to look through all the photographs (although, I must admit, I think I've seen enough pumpkin shots to last me a lifetime).
For those of you who are new to my blog or the hashtag, #UKexplore is an Instagram community for sharing your favourite places in the UK and your outdoor adventures. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you're out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you.
Every month, both Karen (from Mini Travellers and Fuelled by Latte) will feature our favourite images on our blogs and we'll also select one winner each to receive a National Trust Family Day Pass. Nice, right? #UKexplore will run from the 1st to the last day of the month and anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
As I mentioned, we had so many stunning images tagged in October. It has been incredibly hard to select a handful of favourites but these are the ones which I kept coming back to ...
But my winner of a National Trust Family Day Pass is @mairihelena with this amazing photograph of Loch Voil. Both Karen and I thought is was stunning and loved the reflection of the clouds in the water. Do check out Mairi's Instagram feed ... it's a colour lover's dream and she's such a talented designer.
We're really looking forward to seeing all of your photos in November and a huge thanks to the National Trust for sponsoring #UKexplore with much appreciated day passes to their fantastic properties.
Now, why not head over to Mini Travellers to see who Karen has chosen as her October winner.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month's competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges' decision is final.