At the beginning of the week, I took you back to the 90s, and now I'm all about a twist on 80s' song titles. It seems fitting though as I love Culture Club and the Kimi stool from Great Little Trading Co. is most definitely a chameleon in that it works in a family home in so many different guises.
My littlest dude and I have been a bit under the weather this week, so while confined to the not-so-great indoors, we decided to roll ourselves up in wallpaper (him) and take photos of the different ways we've used the Kimi stools around our home since we adopted two back in February (me).
Made with a bright white MDF top and solid wood legs, the stools not only look fantastic but are seriously sturdy, too. And they really need to be in our rather rambunctious household. Two months in, after daily use, they still look like new, too. Which again, is no mean feat with boisterous boys occasionally using them as a diving platform on to their beds. I despair!!
Diving aside, here are the more pleasing (and safety conscious) ways we've been putting the stools to use ...
1. As bedside tables - they're the perfect size for sitting next to the boys' beds with just enough room to perch a lamp, a toy, and a bedtime drink.
2. To display one of the two plants that I've managed to keep alive despite being the least green-fingered person on the planet. I'm so very proud of my efforts. Seriously proud.
3. A breakfast tray - with just enough room for a warm croissant and a glass of orange juice! Smooth FM is optional but I'm a big fan other than the frequency with which they play Phil Collins ... a little to often than is pleasing to the ear, if you ask me.
4. For showing off my favourite vase and a beautiful bunch of flowers. Pretty, right?
5. And, of course, there's the fifth way. Or really, the option the stool was actually designed for. Sitting on!! And it's super comfy, apparently.