Well hasn't April greeted us in a much warmer fashion that March?! There might be a few rainy days forecast over the next couple of weeks but it's so nice to see the sun making an increased appearance. Off the back of a promise of a few days hotter than Madrid (really? yes, really!), I've even ordered a couple of new pairs of shorts in the Boden sale. Hopeful? Too right! I'll probably end up hiding them away in my wardrobe until we head off to Italy in June but it's always good to be prepared, right?
March was such a hectic month (I ticked everything off my to-do list and even managed, completely unplanned, to decorate my littlest dude's room) that I haven't really paused for breath and given much thought to April yet other than I'd quite like it to be a leisurely month with a focus on fun, creative projects and simple, outdoor adventures with the boys.
But here are some possible projects which I scribbled in my notepad earlier this afternoon:
- What you do for one, you'll inevitably be asked to do for another so I'm going to try to paint my eldest dude's bedroom. He loves the clipboards in his brother's bedroom and wants the same but with Star Wars wallpaper to cover them.
- Handwriting has always fascinated me (mine looks fab until you try to read it and realise it's virtually incomprehensible) and I love modern calligraphy so Paul bought me a new pen and the Nib & Ink book so I can learn for myself. I can't wait to get started (and have legible handwriting).
- Sticking with creative plans, this month, I'd like to go through all of the things which I've pinned on my MAKE board on Pinterest, and actually do just that ... make them. If you have a minute, take a look at the board and let me know what you'd like me to attempt first.
- Not a project but a very exciting trip ... we're taking the boys to London for the first time later this month for the grand opening of the Great Little Trading Co. showroom. They can't wait to head to the city on the train and meet their testing team buddies. It's going to be a really fun day for all of us.
- And lastly, it's time to start giving a little more thought to the 40th birthday celebrations taking place this year ... Paul's in June and my very own in August. Currently, I'm thinking about a rather lavish brunch. What do you think? I need to start collecting party supplies.
So a rather tame month compared to March but I think that's a good thing. I was running around so much earlier this week that I went full pelt in to the kitchen door and now have a huge bump on my head for my troubles. Busy is not always better. Something I need to learn!
This month's photos were taken late afternoon with the sun low in the sky but still lighting up the fallen leaves on the ground. The boys love to head over there and fill their arms with sticks. Always the simple things, right?
Happy April! Fingers crossed it's a great month.