When we launched #UKexplore on April 7, Karen and I had no idea how popular it would become and also how much we'd enjoy flicking through all of the photographs on Instagram and joining in (virtually) with your adventures. It's been a real joy and we can't thank you enough for sharing our enthusiasm for exploring the outdoors. We've both been so inspired to discover new places and, with the promise of warmer weather, can't wait to pack picnics and head off on even more days out.
For those of you who are not sure what I'm talking (or writing) about, #UKexplore is our new Instagram community that we'd like to invite you to join and share your favourite places in the UK and your outdoor adventures. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you're out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you. All we ask is that you use the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you.
Every month, both Karen and I will feature our favourite images on our blogs and we'll also select one winner each to receive a National Trust Family Admission Day Pass. Nice, right?! #UKexplore will run from the 1st to the last day of the month and anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
There were so many amazing photos tagged with #UKexplore in April. I've been pouring over them for the past two days and it's been remarkably hard to select a single winner.
Here are a few of my favourites:
But my winner, this month, and the person who will receive a National Trust Family Admission Day Pass is Organised Jo. I spotted this photo midway through the month and it really made me smile. I love the red and white of the flags and carnival lights against the bright blue of the sky. It's such a cheerful and typically British scene.
Thanks for joining in with #UKexplore, Jo, and tagging this brilliant photo of Paignton Pier.
We really look forward to seeing all of your photos in May and a huge thanks to the National Trust for providing the day passes. Why not head over to Mini Travellers to see who Karen has chosen as her winner?!
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month's competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges' decision is final.