A couple of weeks ago, I worked on one of the loveliest collaborations ... an Instagram takeover with Etsy and Bloom & Wild to celebrate the start of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. A handful of bloggers were sent the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers and beautiful selection of mainly floral-themed accessories and were asked to give their workspaces a spring makeover. Can you think of a prettier and more relaxing way to while away an hour or two? I was in heaven!
In all honesty, I tend to alternate between the dining table and our bed when I have work to do. I tried to take over the home office a few months ago but it was so hard to share a desk with a husband who doesn't appreciate the importance of a vast selection of colourful notepads, pencils, and paperclips. They. Are. Essential. And not to be pushed to the side in favour of scrap pieces of paper and boring biros.
With my youngest starting school in September, I'm about to embark on an exciting, new work project (more to come on that, I promise) so having my own workspace has moved higher up on my priority list. The dining table is nice but a little too close to the fridge, and the bed is only comfortable for short periods of time. So when the carefully wrapped parcels arrived from Etsy, it was the perfect opportunity to pick a space in the corner of the bedroom and move (steal) the Great Little Trading Co. pigeon holes and hooks from my eldest dude's room and the desk from my littlest's.
And this is how it turned out ...
What do you think? I've come to the conclusion that I can never again work at a desk which doesn't have multiple jars of flowers upon it. It would just be wrong.
Here's the shopping list in case you want to recreate the look for yourself:
- The Florence bouquet (Bloom & Wild) £29
- My Happy Place print (The Paper Hare) from £12
- Nature illustration notepads (The Green Gables) £12 for three
- Patterned notepads (Cordello Home) £13.50 for three
- White & copper washable paper bag (Warm Grey Company) from £9
- Floral initial mug (Doodle Dot Dorset) £7
- Floral print pouch (Oh Squirrel) £12
- Personalised pencils (Pobble and Ping) quote on request
- Straw/pen holder (GLTC) £20
- Desk organiser (GLTC) £36
- Wild flower jam jar (Rose & Grey) £3.45
For more inspiration, pop over to Instagram and search the #EtsyDeskie hashtag. Be prepared for workspace envy!