Wow! What a month for #UKexplore! With over one thousand photos tagged in just four weeks, we've joined you on adventures in all four corners of the United Kingdom. It has been a real treat for Karen and I to flick through all the images but, on the flip side, a monumental task to pick our favourites. Seriously, it took us hours.
For those of you who are not sure what I'm talking (or writing) about, #UKexplore is an Instagram community for sharing your favourite places in the UK and your outdoor adventures. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you're out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we call all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you. All we ask is that you use the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you.
Every month, both Karen and I will feature our favourite images on our blogs and we'll also select one winner each to receive a National Trust Family Admission Day Pass. Nice, right? #UKexplore will run from the 1st to the last day of the month and anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
In June, we also teamed up with the National Trust's official outdoor retail partner, Cotswold Outdoor, to offer a third, overall winner a huge bundle worth over £1,000, containing all the gear needed for the perfect family camping trip. Such a brilliant prize!
So, which images caught our eye? Well, here are a few of my favourites ...
But my winner of a National Trust Family Day Pass is @maflingoblog for this fab photo of the double decker bus cafe at Chain Bridge Honey Farm. Isn't it the loveliest place for tea and cake?!
Confession time. Due to the number and the quality of the entries we received in June, we found picking one overall winner really, really hard. So hard that we decided to hand the job over to someone else (yes, we wimped out). We sent our top twenty images over to the press office at the National Trust and begged them to help us out. And they did. They chose this stunning shot from @hayleyfromhome of her boys paddling in the Lake District. A worthy winner, I'm sure you'll agree.
Congratulations, Hayley!! We hope to see your camping adventures on #UKexplore in the future.
We're really looking forward to seeing all of your photos in July and a huge thanks to the National Trust for providing the day passes and Cotswold Outdoor for their amazing prize.
Now, why not head over to Mini Travellers to see who Karen has chosen as her June winner?!
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month's competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges' decision is final.