This time last week, we were slowly making our way up from the North Wales countryside to the beautiful banks of Loch Lomond for a three night stay at the luxurious Cameron Lodges. We had the most amazing time in one of my most favourite parts of the world. My youngest son even cried on the morning we had to return because he was so sad to leave, and my mum and I (my parents joined us for the three nights) are already planning a second stay.
While I wade through the hundreds of photographs and find the words to describe everything we experienced, I wanted to share some of our highlights and my favourite snaps. I'll be back with a more in depth post in a week or so, but here's what we enjoyed most about our Cameron Lodges holiday.
1. The scenery. We are so spoilt in North Wales but Loch Lomond takes my breath away.
2. Lazing in the rooftop infinity pool at The Spa at Cameron House.
3. Having lunch in Great Scot's Bar (love, Love, LOVE this bar ... the whisky selection is amazing).
1. Playing golf at The Carrick while the boys were happily settled in the creche for the morning.
2. The lodge we stayed in ... it was incredible.
3. Great Scot's Bar, too (it's such a cool place to hang out).
My eldest dude loved:
1. His bedroom at the lodge (it had a TV on the wall!!).
2. Taking a cruise in the Celtic Warrior along Loch Lomond.
3. Walking through the grounds and splashing in puddles (there was quite a bit of rain).
My youngest dude loved:
1. Playing games and drawing pictures during the three hours he spent in the creche.
2. Eating monkfish at The Boathouse restaurant.
3. Watching the seaplane take off at Cameron House (I'm gutted I didn't book us on this ... next time!)
Stay tuned for our full review!
We were invited to stay as guests of Cameron Lodges but all opinions given are completely honest.