It has been yet another brilliant month for #UKexplore with so many of you joining in and sharing your days out and adventures. The hashtag was a fantastic source of inspiration for getting out and about during the summer holidays, even if the weather wasn't always on our side. Come next week, I'll be quite sad to head out on the school run as opposed to the beach for a picnic.
For those of you who are not sure what I'm talking (or writing) about, #UKexplore is an Instagram community for sharing your favourite places in the UK and your outdoor adventures. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you're out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you. All we ask is that you use the #UKexplore hashtag so we can find you.
Every month, both Karen (from Mini Travellers) and I will feature our favourite images on our blogs and we'll also select one winner each to receive a National Trust Family Day Pass. Nice, right? #UKexplore will run from the 1st to the last day of the month and anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
So, which images caught my eye in August? Well, here are a few of my favourites ...
We're really looking forward to seeing all of your photos in September and a huge thanks to the National Trust for sponsoring #UKexplore with much appreciated day passes to their fantastic properties.
Now, why not head over to Mini Travellers to see who Karen has chosen as her August winner.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month's competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges' decision is final.