September, September, September. My favourite month. I love it when the warmth of summer meets the golden glow of autumn. This year, it's a month of change, both seasonally and personally. My eldest started back at school this morning, and my youngest has his very first day on Wednesday. They're brimming with nerves and excitement and I predict that the week will probably end with a few tired tears. I think I need to plan a little treat for the weekend. For all of us!
It's also the month whereby inhabitants of the UK are faced with the ultimate sartorial dilemma ... do we leave the house with a coat or not?! It's a real problem! Ten degrees first thing in the morning only to hit the dizzy heights off 22 degrees come the afternoon. How do you dress for that?! Any suggestions?
So what have I got planned for September? Especially now I have a few extra hours in the week with my terrible two being at school? Here's what's on my list:
- Working. I'm doing some exciting freelance work on a cool project for Great Little Trading Co.
- Reading. The new Jilly Cooper book is out this week and I can't wait!
- Drinking. Coffee. Lots of. Well, I have to thoroughly test our new Sage Barista Express, right?
- Eating. I bought the Symmetry Breakfast recipe book and it's amazing.
- Baking. I have a biscotti recipe to perfect to accompany my daily coffee.
- Learning. All about How to Style Your Brand based on a recommendation from Emily.
- More learning. I'm off to the Blog On MSI conference later this month.
- Laughing. I'm sneaking off for a night away with Karen, Sarah and Julia. Exciting!
At the weekend, I took the boys over to the forest near our house to collect some fallen leaves to fill the craft baubles I found in a drawer from last Christmas. I took a few photos while we were there and I think they might be amongst some of my favourites. I don't share a great many images of the boys online. Mainly, it's because I like to retain a little privacy but it's also because this is what happens when they're aware that a camera is being pointed at them ...
Happy September! Fingers crossed it's a great month.