I had hoped to do more exploring in December but it seems that at least one of us has been sick pretty much every day during the month. Pesky germs! We did manage to sneak in a festive trip to Erddig to meet Father Christmas and more recently an afternoon in Manchester to celebrate our twelfth wedding anniversary. As we had our littlest with us, it was quite a low key affair ... a really brilliant lunch at Albert's Schloss followed by bowling at All Star Lanes (both highly recommended if you're looking for a place to eat or something fun to do in the city).
I didn't take many photos but here are a few snapshots when I remembered that I had my camera with me.
For those of you who are new to my blog or the hashtag, #UKexplore is an Instagram community for sharing your favourite places in the UK and your outdoor adventures. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you're out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you.
Every month, both Karen (from Mini Travellers and Fuelled by Latte) will feature our favourite images on our blogs and we'll also select one winner each to receive a National Trust Family Day Pass. Nice, right? #UKexplore will run from the 1st to the last day of the month and anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
There are so many fantastic photos shared every month that Karen and I have weekly conversations about how hard it is to choose our favourites. And every day, a potential new winner pops up in our feeds. These are the nine that I kept coming back to, though.
And I completely fell for this photo by @suzanneleasmith of sunrise at Swanhurst Park. In the midst of all the glitter and sparkle of the festive season, this is calm perfection. I love it! Congratulations, Suzanne, you win a National Trust Family Day Pass.
We're really looking forward to seeing all of your photos in January and a huge thanks to the National Trust for sponsoring #UKexplore with much appreciated day passes to their fantastic properties.
Now, why not head over to Mini Travellers to see who Karen has chosen as her December winner.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month's competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges' decision is final.