Unfortunately, I don't have many of my own #UKexplore photos to share with you this month. It's been a pretty dismal few weeks, hasn't it? Don't get me wrong, we've been on little trips out here and there but mostly, it's been raining so my camera has been left at home and my phone shoved firmly in my pocket. I'd planned to take my eldest to London for the day during half term but Storm Doris happened, so our trains didn't. We're rescheduling for the Easter holidays and may go as a four rather than a two. I can't wait!
For those of you who are new to my blog or the hashtag, #UKexplore is an Instagram community for sharing your favourite places in the UK and your outdoor adventures. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you're out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you.
Every month, both Karen (from Mini Travellers and Fuelled by Latte) will feature our favourite images on our blogs and we'll also select one winner each to receive a National Trust Family Day Pass. Nice, right? #UKexplore will run from the 1st to the last day of the month and anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
It's becoming increasingly hard to pick just a handful of favourites. I flick through the hashtag every couple of days and then send Karen a message saying, 'I'm never going to be able to pick a winner, they're all too good'. But here are the ones that really captured my heart in February and had me longing to explore with them.
And my favourite in February was this stunning shot of Tobermory by @martyncleverly Congratulations, Martyn! You win a National Trust Family Day Pass.
We're really looking forward to seeing all of your photos in March and a huge thanks to the National Trust for sponsoring #UKexplore with much appreciated day passes to their fantastic properties. There's been more than flicker of sunshine over the past couple of days so I'm hopeful that March is going to be a better month for outdoor adventures.
Now, why not head over to Mini Travellers to see who Karen has chosen as her February winner.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month's competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges' decision is final.