For those of you who are new to my blog or the hashtag, #UKexplore is an Instagram community for sharing your favourite places in the UK and your outdoor adventures. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you're out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you.
Every month, both Karen (from Mini Travellers and Fuelled by Latte) will feature our favourite images on our blogs and we'll also select one winner each to receive a National Trust Family Day Pass. Nice, right? #UKexplore will run from the 1st to the last day of the month and anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
It's never easy to pick a mere handful of favourites from the hundreds that are shared each month, but here are the images that caught my eye in March and had me longing to head out and explore.
And my favourite in March was this photo from @alex_gh of the Royal Liver Building in Liverpool. Congratulations, Alex! You win a National Trust Family Day Pass.
If joining in with #UKexplore and getting the chance to win a National Trust Family Day Pass every month wasn’t enough, we have some even more exciting news, today. To celebrate the fact that we have now had over 12000 photos tagged with the #UKexplore hashtag, we’ve teamed up with the National Trust’s official outdoor retail partner Cotswold Outdoor, and this month a third overall winner (chosen by the team at the National Trust) will not only win a National Trust Family Day Pass but will also win a huge bundle containing all the gear you need for the perfect family camping trip worth over £1200!
It includes a comfortable 4-person tent and even rucksacks for packing everything up in and day trips. This essential kit will give you the perfect excuse to get back to nature.
Camping is more popular than ever, with increasing numbers of people choosing to holiday in the UK rather than heading abroad. For families with a love of the great outdoors and a sense of adventure, camping is the perfect way to enjoy a low-cost break in some of the country’s most stunning locations. With a bit of planning and the right equipment you can make sure that your trip goes smoothly, leaving you free to explore your surroundings, spend quality time with your loved ones and enjoy sleeping under the stars.
What’s more you can Instagram you photos and tag them #UKexplore, obviously!
So what’s included in the kit we are giving away ... kit worth over £1250 in total!
2 x Lamina Z Flame Sleeping Bag Regular - £140 each
2 Ayacucho Junior Vario Sleeping Bag - £42 each
4 x Inflatable roll mats. Vango Trek Compact - £22
Vango Woburn 500 Tent - £199
Osprey Atmos AG 65 Rucksack - £190
Osprey Daylite Plus Rucksack - £40
Lifesystems Trek First Aid Kit - £14
Lifeventure Wide Mouth Flask 1L - £20
2 x CamelBak Eddy Bottle 600ml - £15 each
2 x CamelBack Kids Eddy Bottle 400ml - £15 each
2 x Jack Wolfskin Kids Moab Jam Rucksack - £25 each
2 x Petzl Tikka 200L Headtorch - £30
We're really looking forward to seeing all your photographs next month and huge thanks to the National Trust and Cotswold Outdoor for providing the prize.
Now, why not head over to Mini Travellers to see who Karen has chosen as her March winner.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month's competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges' decision is final.