Hasn't April been the most up and down month? Glorious sunshine, hailstones, a barmy 20 degrees and then the threat of snow a few days later. Crazy! During the Easter holidays, we spent mornings by the sea and afternoons ambling around beautiful gardens. We picnicked in the sun, and made pizza wrapped up in several layers to keep us warm. Looking at our calendar, there doesn't appear to be much free time for exploring or adventures in May but I'm sure we'll squeeze something in.
For those of you who are new to my blog or the hashtag, #UKexplore is an Instagram community for sharing your favourite places in the UK and your outdoor adventures. It could be the most marvellous of meadows, the perfect place for a picnic, the loveliest lake for skimming stones, or rambling routes for running along. Wherever and whenever you're out exploring, simply take a snap and upload it to Instagram so we can all share in your adventures and explore the UK with you.
Every month, both Karen (from Mini Travellers and Fuelled by Latte) will feature our favourite images on our blogs and we'll also select one winner each to receive a National Trust Family Day Pass. Nice, right? #UKexplore will run from the 1st to the last day of the month and anyone can join in and be in with a chance to win.
It's never easy to pick a mere handful of favourites from the hundreds that are shared each month, but here are the images that caught my eye in April and had me longing to head out and explore.
And my winner in April was this photo from @tinyexpats of St. Michael's Mount in Cornwall. Congratulations, Yuliya! You win a National Trust Family Day Pass.
You might remember that we teamed up with the National Trust’s official outdoor retail partner Cotswold Outdoor in April and therefore have a third overall winner (chosen by the team at the National Trust). So, a National Trust Family Day Pass and a huge bundle containing all the gear for the perfect family camping trip worth over £1250 in total will soon be on its way to @cathybussey1. Huge congratulations, Cathy! We all agreed that your photo was stunning.
Clouds on the hills ☁️Today Noel took the children and their grandparents out on a boat and I walked the dog, re-read my novel for the first time without making any edits and did some sketching in my nature journal. I'm in a funny kind of limbo, I want to let go of the book for a while and pick up the parts of me I put on hold but at the same time I want to hold on to the magic. Tomorrow Noel and I are going mountain biking. That will help 😂💫🚲
We're really looking forward to seeing all your photographs in May and huge thanks to the National Trust and Cotswold Outdoor for providing April's prize.
We're really lucky to have another guest sponsor of #UKexplore in May. Outdoor clothing specialist, Trespass, has kindly offered to send each winner a waterproof jacket of their choice up to the value of £60 - it excludes the DLX range and the winner must have a UK address.
Now, why not head over to Mini Travellers to see who Karen has chosen as her April winner.
Terms & Conditions
1. Please only submit (on Instagram) your own photos.
2. Add the #UKexplore hashtag.
3. The challenge runs from 00.00 on the first of the month to 23.59 on the last day of the month.
4. Only photographs uploaded during those times are eligible for that month's competition.
5. Winners will be announced on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely on the second day of the following month and will be notified on Instagram.
6. Winners have 28 days to provide their address in order to receive their National Trust Family Admission Day Pass (exclusions apply and can be made available upon request). The pass can be used by up to 1 adult and 3 children, or up to 2 adults and 2 children for one day only. There is no cash alternative.
7. Including the #UKexplore hashtag indicates approval for the images to be posted on Mini Travellers and The Ordinary Lovely, and the corresponding social media channels.
8. The judges' decision is final.