We have a family-first coming in up in August. Something we're really excited about. We're heading to Rode Hall in Cheshire for the family arts festival, Just So Festival. We've never been to a proper festival as a four before but we seriously can't wait, especially after spending hours on the website looking at photographs from previous years and reading about what we can expect this summer.
Granted, we're a little nervous, too. I wouldn't say that Paul and I are natural campers. Far from it, to be honest. But to ease us in to the camping scene, we've booked a beautiful bell tent. Small steps, right? You'll note from the photographs that we've been putting in some practise at home. I'm not convinced that it's going to be similar to sleeping in our cozy living room but here's hoping (I'm delusional, aren't I?).
If you're on the fence about going or simply want some more information, here are twelve reasons (three from each of us) why we're counting down to Just So Festival.
Starting with the youngest member of the family (aged 4). He's looking forward to ...
My eldest little dude (aged 6) can't wait to ...
- Spend some time in the Space Shed learning about how Jon hacked his way to space from his garden shed in St. Albans.
- Have a midnight feast! He really couldn't be more excited to watch the clock tick twelve while listening to stories and music. It sounds amazing.
- Take part in the pillow fight to end all pillow fights on the Village Green.
Paul really wants to have a go at ...
- Winning lots of points for his tribe at the Tribal Tournament. He's yet to decide whether he's going to be a fox, frog, owl, fish, stag or lion but we need to start work on our costumes soon.
- Embarrassing the boys (and me) with his dreadful dad dancing next to the Footlights stage. Have a look at all the fantastic artists and bands here.
- Strutting his stuff at the retro disco (spot a theme here?).
And I can't wait for ...
- Bonfire bands in The Spellbound Forest! Is there anything more magical on a summer's evening than sitting around a campfire and listening to music?
- A visit to the Fairy City. I know I'm going to behave like I'm seven again and first discovered Flower Fairies. They're definitely real.
- Snuggling up and watching a film at the outdoor cinema as night falls.
If we've convinced you that Just So is the festival for you, tickets are selling really fast so head over to the website now to book.
Just So Festival have kindly gifted us our tickets.